Friday, November 17, 2006

Little Do Nothings


If God is for us who can be against us… I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me… One God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all…


Do you really know who God is? There in the depths of God, fathom upon fathoms just when you think…

Is it ever enough? We as creations, can we ever say to the Creator, “I know enough?” Can the clay ever say to the Potter, “Ah, that’s good enough?”

If the blind are lead by a stick with a red tip on it, who leads the deaf?

If the moon rises in the east, and you’re facing north, where is the Son?

Why did the Chicken cross the road? To show the rest of us how to be obedient.

I thank God for giving us a sense of humor. There are times when humor is welcomed and there are times to be serious. I used what (humorous in itself) my spell check called fragmented sentences. Really what they are is little do nothings. I got that saying from my wife one day when we were at a local Chinese restaurant. You know those little crisp, fried noodle looking things that they put on your table while your waiting for your food to come? My wife calls them “do nothings” while she’s nibbling on them the whole time we are waiting for our food to be served.
The truth is, there only “do nothings” if you do nothing with them. If they are just cute or worthy of a small chuckle and they don’t spark us to look into our own lives then they really do, do nothing.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I see you figured out how to get a pic in your side bar.

We need to change your settings. It won't allow anonymous comments, you have to be a blogger to leave a comment.